Head of Corporate Finance, Colombia
- Mr. Otero joined Itaú in October 2012, as part of the Corporate Finance team of Itaú BBA Corporación Financiera in Colombia. Since March, 2017, once Itaú took control of Corpbanca operations in Colombia, Mr. Otero acts as Head of Corporate Finance of Itaú Colombia.
- Prior to joining Itaú, Mr. Otero worked for Inverlink, an investment banking boutique in Colombia, as VP for two years. Previously he worked in Sumatoria, other investment banking boutique in Colombia, as an Associate for ten years, and before that, he worked in the Investment Banking Division of Corficolombiana in Bogotá, as an Analyst for two years.
- Mr. Otero holds a B.S in Industrial Engineering and a Master degree in Economics, both from Universidad de los Andes, in Bogotá, Colombia.
Speaker at these events:
Bonds & Loans Andes 2021 - Virtual Conference
- The pathway to fund Andean renewable energy projects: To what extent does growth in private energy PPAs make these projects bankable?
Bonds & Loans Latin America 2020 - Virtual Conference
- Dollar funding for local projects: How to re-attract international investors to Colombia’s 5G infrastructure programme
Project Finance & Capital Markets Latin America 2020 - Virtual Conference
- How to reactivate USD investment into Colombia’s peso-denominated 5G infrastructure projects
Bonds, Loans & Derivatives Andes 2020
- Assessing lenders’ and investors’ appetite for the 2020 infrastructure project pipeline