Head, ESG & Sustainable Finance
- Shiran Moodley co-leads the Sustainable Finance team for Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) in Absa, focusing on product solutions and client engagement for sustainable assets
- He has over 10 years’ experience across banking, having started in quantitative actuarial consulting and Risk modeling for Ernst and Young and Nedbank respectively.
- He joined Absa CIB in 2013, serving in a number of roles including Product Owner for Pricing in CIB Digital [2015-2019] and Management Strategy Consultant [2013-2015]. He joined Investment Banking Division (IBD) in 2019 leading the Digital and Innovation Initiatives before transitioning to Sustainable Finance
- Shiran holds Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Actuarial Science from the University of the Witwatersrand . He has completed the executive education of Sustainable Finance through the University of Cambridge in 2020
Speaker at these events:
ESG & Capital Markets Africa 2021 - Virtual
- To what extent is there a mispricing of African risk when it comes to ESG?