Abdul Kadir Hussain
Head of Fixed Income Asset Management
- Abdul Kadir Hussain has 24 years investment experience in the Emerging Market Space.
- Prior to joining Arqaam he was CEO of Mashreq Capital, Mashreqbank’s Asset Management business. Mashreq Bank offers a range of banking solutions to suit your needs. Choose Mashreq for your Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Investments, Insurance
- He has a 10 year public track record managing conventional Fixed Income credit based funds and a 6 year public track record managing Shariah compliant fixed income credit funds.
- In addition to the public funds Mr. Hussain has run a conventional credit based total return proprietary strategy for Mashreq bank.
- He has managed global credit, distressed and special situation investments in Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East for the last 24 years.
- Funds managed by Mr. Hussain have won awards in every year since 2010.
- Islamic funds run by him have been recognized by Bloomberg as the best in the MENA region in 2012, 2014, and 2015.
- Under Mr. Hussain’s leadership Assets Under Management (AUM’s) at Mashreq’s asset management business grew from $350mm in 2012 to $1.6bn in 2016
- At Arqaam AUM have grown from 0 to $80mm just within 6 months of his joining
- Prior to being at Mashreq he was a Managing Director at Credit Suisse.
- Mr. Hussain was named ‘Best High Yield” analyst in Asia for 3 consecutive years from 2000 to 2003.
- Mr. Hussain has a BS Econ with a concentration in Finance and Decision Science from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a MBA in Finance and Entrepreneurial Studies for the Andersen School at UCLA. He has been a CFA Charterholder since 1995……
Speaker at these events:
Bonds, Loans & Sukuk 24 2020
- Market technicals vs. economic fundamentals: Are COVID-19 and oil price pressure properly reflected in GCC bond/sukuk spreads?
Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Saudi Arabia 2019
- How to attract Global Fixed Income Investors, Foreign Direct Investors and Qualified Foreign Investors to Saudi Arabia
Bonds, Loans & Sukuk Middle East 2019